- Who We Are
- With more than a century and a half of successful existence, the Francis Busuttil & Sons Group is one of Malta’s largest food and beverage operations. The FBS Group is made up of Foster Clark Products Limited, B&S; Contractors and Francis Busuttil & Sons (Marketing) Limited (FBSM). Malta’s largest food manufacturer, Foster Clarks Products Ltd., which till the end of 1999 constituted of a joint venture with Unilever, produces a wide range of products, mainly for export to the African continent and the Arabian Peninsula.
Today FBS Group is the sole proud owner of Foster Clark Products Limited. Investment in environment and quality assurance has also been maintained in order that the Companies may meet the increasingly rigorous standards demanded by customers and regulatory authorities.
- The only non‐food interests that the Group has lie in B&S; Contractors Ltd., which is the real-estate & property side. This Company enables FBS Group to set up operations on locations offering distinct competitive advantages. Francis Busuttil and Sons (Marketing) Ltd. (FBSM) is a sales, marketing and distribution operation representing a strong portfolio of globally renowned branded food and grocery products.
The Company is amongst the leaders in the supply of their brands to, primarily, the retail sector (supermarkets,mini-markets and grocery stores). It operates from its premises at Busuttil Buildings in Santa Venera, which is strategically placed in the centre of Malta to best serve clients within Malta and Gozo, which consist of offices and a warehouse complex. The Company’s business strategy focuses on the penetration and development of the brands. Emphasis is made on marketing branded products, mainly via advertising and various other promotional activities. FBSM employs a workforce of circa 80 people. Over the years the Company has and continues to invest strongly in technology, infrastructure, and quality standards, to secure its place as one of the leaders in the market place. The Company's past achievements provide its Board of Directors and Management team with an invaluable source of confidence in an increasingly competitive market place.
- Our Mission Statement
- Our Goals
- Price competitiveness – providing our customers with the required margins, support, and customer service.
Quality – providing the consumers with high quality products Efficiency – providing our customers with the most efficient delivery service, we are proud to be the only company able to offer our customers same day delivery service. Branding – investing in marketing support to further enhance the brand recognition and demand by the consumer.
An ability to understand consumer needs, and meet them by forging strategic alliances with global marketing organisations, developing existing brands and creating new ones is central to achieving our business goals
- Our Organisational Structure
- Our Strategic Location - Malta
- Located in the Mediterranean Sea, just south of Sicily, the Maltese archipelago consists of three islands, Malta, Gozo and Comino. The largest island of the group is Malta, from which the archipelago takes its name.
Valletta, the capital, is the cultural, administrative, and commercial centre of the archipelago. Malta is well served with harbours, chief of which is the Valletta Grand Harbour. Its international airport is at Luqa, five kilometres from the capital.
The second largest island is Gozo. It is topographically quite different from Malta, and is quaintly attractive for its less industrialised way of life. Comino, Cominotto, Filfla and St Paul’s Islet are the other major features of the archipelago.
The distance between Malta and the nearest point in Sicily is 93 km. The distance from the nearest point on the North African mainland (Tunisia) is 288 km. Gibraltar is 1,826 km to the west and Alexandria is 1,510 km to the east.
Area of the Maltese Islands and internal waters:
Maltese Islands 316 km2
Internal Waters 198 km2